So…you submitted your profile on dozens of booking/management agency as an entertainer yet you never heard back from a single of these agencies. Why is that?
First of you need to keep in mind that agencies, like Blast Productions, receive hundreds upon hundreds of new profile submission weekly. If you want any chance at getting noticed it is your duty to make it easy for them to understand within 5 seconds whether you fit their needs at the given moment or not. It’s the best you can do and believe me when I say that it is still not understood by most.
Secondly, be honest, have you really been thorough prior to the application process in gathering the (likely to be) required information/pictures/video/etc.?
If the answer is no then you really shot yourself in the foot there.
Thirdly, have you made sure (double checked) that you entered all the requested information/link/etc. at the right given space and so forth? Again if it seems silly to even mention this, believe me I do so for very specific reasons.
1 – The Obvious; (not to everyone which is why it’s mentioned)
.1 – ACT/BAND NAME
.2 – EXACT NUMBER OF INDIVIDUAL IN THE ACT/BAND
.3 – FULL NAME OF EACH INDIVIDUAL IN THE ACT/BAND
.4 – DATE OF BIRTH
.5 – NATIONALITY OF EACH ACT/BAND MEMBER
2 – The Specifics; (pay attention this is where it gets tricky in spite of appearances)
.1 – Adequate PROMO PICTURE(s)
.2 – Adequate PROMO VIDEO
.3 – BIOGRAPHY
.4 – PERFORMANCE HISTORY
.5 – REPERTOIRE (Active song list, nobody cares what you used to perform)
.6 – TECHNICAL SHEET (obvious equipment or not, what will you need to perform)
.7 – STANDARD FEE DEPENDING ON ACT FORMAT AND CONTRACT DURATION
Since the importance of having the mentioned above package is way too often overlooked let’s go over it all in detail… But before, just one more time:
I cannot stress enough how crucial it is for any entertainer to make sure they have carefully read and understood the following before even thinking of looking for serious work in the entertainment industry.
BREAKDOWN – (The Specifics)
2.1 – Adequate PROMO PICTURE(s)
– Close Frame Full Body With High Definition Resolution
– Well Groomed – (unless the act is Tarzan)
– Dressed Accordingly – (nothing casual, but no need to be to high fashion either)
– Natural Smile – (just don’t look depressed)
2.2 – Adequate PROMO VIDEO (best case scenario)
– Pretended Live Performance on Real Stage
– Length 3 to 6 minutes
– Showcase The STRONG Points of The Act (At Least Each Front Man/Woman)
– Between 3 to 10 SECTION of Song (No Full Song)
– Studio or Mixer Audio Recording – (no live audio from camera)
– Sufficient/Proper Lighting
– WELL Edited (Use section of song whether verse/chorus/solo)
– Be On Your “A” Game
– Smile/Move/Look Lively/Happy/Energetic
2.3 – BIOGRAPHY
– Simple and Factual.
– Write About Your Professional Path.
2.4 – PERFORMANCE HISTORY
– What Venues Have You Performed & When
– Written Recommendation by Former Employer Should be Mentionned
2.5 – REPERTOIRE
– Songs/Material You Could Perform Anytime Anywhere And With Almost Anyone
2.6 – TECHNICAL SHEET
– Anything Your Act Requires (PA System/Specific Space Frame/Travelling Gear/etc.)
2.7 – STANDARD FEE DEPENDING ON ACT FORMAT AND CONTRACT DURATION
– Full Act/Band
– Standard Monthly Fee For 6 Nights a Week, in 5 Star Hotels
– The Agency Should Take Care of The Following
– Required Visas
– Round Travel
By John C.